1. "Healthy food is too expensive and I can't afford it.” It’s no secret that junk food is cheap; you’d never be able to find a loaf of 100% whole grain bread at the dollar store or a jar of honey for the same price as a sack of sugar. However, the price that you’ll eventually pay after eating these cheap foods on a regular basis far outweighs the cost of the healthy options. And believe me, if my family of 16 can afford healthy food, then you can too! All it takes is a smart shopper who's willing to read labels and take advantage of great sales whenever possible!
2. "I don't want to eat food that tastes like cardboard." So don't. Sure, some protein bars and other health foods don't have much flavor, but there are many more that taste amazing! And who says you can’t spice things up with herbs and natural seasonings just to tickle your taste buds? It’s far better than downing 50 different chemicals working together to make your “cherry” soda taste genuine!
3. "It's too late for me to change." On the contrary, it's never too late to adopt a healthier lifestyle. And some of the benefits can be noticed almost immediately.
4. “I like junk food too much to quit.” This is understandably a big issue for many people. After all, the main goal of junk food companies is to make their products tasty enough to get people hooked on them! The way to break free from junk food’s clutches is to retrain your brain to take pleasure in not only the taste, but also the healthy qualities of the food that you eat. Also, learning about exactly what you're eating helps a great deal!
5. “I don’t have any health problems, so I’m doing OK.” It’s never a good idea to wait until you’re in the water to put on a life jacket. Since you never know what’s around the corner, it's wise to build healthy habits now.