A New Jersey man saw something on the internet to get rid of the bedbugs in his house. If a room is heated to a high enough temperature, they will be killed off. On June 11, with this new found info, he plugged in a space heater, blow dryer, and a painter's heat gun. Not the thing to do!
Do I have to tell you what happened? The combination of the heater, blow dryer and heat gun soon sparked a flame. The bedroom caught fire and started to spread through the second floor. The fire department came and quickly put out the fire but were called back to the scene a few hours later because the fire was rekindled.
The good news? No one was seriously hurt in the blaze and even though the house was damaged, the fire department responded fast enough to save it from burning down. Oh, and one more thing... there were no more bedbug problems!