LANTANA, FL - After getting something in her eye, Katie Gaydos, a single mother, asked a friend to get the tube of Visine eye drops that was in her purse. The friend instead grabbed a tube of super glue and applied a few drops in Katie's left eye. Katie immediately closed her eye in pain and cried, "Call 9-1-1!" Within seconds her eye was sealed shut! She was taken to the hospital, treated, and was told to come back a few days later to see what could be done. When Katie came back, she was turned away because she had no money and no means to get any. If this is what the "affordable" national healthcare is, what good is it? Another doctor who saw the report is treating her for free.
ANGLETON, TX - 12-year-old Katelyn Thornley started sneezing a month ago and hasn't been able to stop since. She sneezes up to 12,000 times a day! She can barely eat or talk. She can't go to school and has to stay in her house most of the time. Katelyn only gets relief when she is fast asleep. Doctors, who ruled out allergies and viruses, are trying to figure it out.
LARGO, FL - Justin Lansford married Carol Balmes, his girlfriend since 2011, on October 3rd of this year. Justin lost his left leg in an IED explosion in 2012 when he was stationed in Afghanistan. He went through many months of procedures and therapy at the Walter Reed Medical Center. Carol was working for the Warrior Canine Connection at that time. WCC is an organization that pairs wounded soldiers with therapy dogs. Justin and a golden retriever named Gabe were paired together in 2013, and have been inseparable ever since. Gabe became Justin's best friend and "right hand man". Both Justin and Carol loved Gabe very much. So no one was surprised to see Gabe in the wedding as the ring bearer... and as Justin's best man!
JAPAN - Diners in a restaurant in Japan got a scare in October. Japanese love their fresh fish, and one raw fish delicacy named sashimi displays a fresh fish on a plate. This particular fish was partly eaten before it started to twitch. Then in one motion it flopped off the plate. It was all recorded on camera. The diners screamed and fellow diners were scared and ran out of the room. You can have your sushi; I like my fish fully cooked!